Easy Pasta Recipe for a Weeknight Meal
Being married to an Italian has afforded me the luxury of getting to know authentic Italian cuisine very well. I LOVE Italian food, and I could eat my weight in pasta, so trying new types makes me happy! I give my Italian cooking a little American twist (GARLIC!!), but so far, no complaints. The BEST thing about pasta, is it’s a quick, easy, delicious meal when you are exhausted from a busy day or in a rush to get supper done!
The beef sauce I made with this papiri pasta is one of two meat sauces I make and is the quicker, simpler one I use when I want to make an easy dinner. It’s simply beef, pasta sauce, canned tomato sauce, grated Parmesan cheese and I add my own seasonings and herbs to kick it up a little.
So what’s papiri pasta? It’s a pasta that isn’t well known in the states, but it absolutely should be! It gets its name from papyrus, because it’s rolled like a scroll. I found the pasta at an international market that is close to where I live. I could literally lose myself in that store for hours, exploring all the foods from around the world.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Pasta with Meat Sauce Ingredients
1 lb of your favorite pasta (I used this Papiri Pasta)
1 lb of Organic 93% Lean Ground Beef
24 oz jar of your favorite Pasta Sauce
12 oz of Organic Tomato Sauce
2 Tablespoons of fresh garlic paste
3 Tablespoons of freshly chopped Oregano
1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
Salt for pasta water
Salt/Pepper to taste
4 Tablespoons of fresh grated Parmesan cheese (2 for the sauce, reserve 2 to top your pasta for serving)
Instructions for Cooking
- Brown hamburger meat.
- Place water on and bring to boil (add salt to water to enhance pasta flavor)
- Add garlic, tomato sauce, pasta sauce, oregano, crushed red pepper , Parmesan cheese and salt/pepper to your browned hamburger meat.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the pasta sauce simmers on low, start cooking the pasta for 10 minutes.
- Once the pasta is al dente, combine the pasta with your beef sauce. Cook for a minute so the pasta absorbs a little of the sauce.
- Serve and top with Parmesan cheese.
- When you salt your water for the pasta, you want it as salty as the sea.
- Authentic Italian food doesn’t actually use much garlic, that’s an American thing!
- You can use any type of ground meat you like, chicken, turkey, pork, etc…