Albacore Tuna Salad is THE BEST!
I work from home, so I’m constantly in the kitchen experimenting with ways to spice up my lunch. I LOVE tuna sandwiches from simple tuna with mayo and a little pepper to the beautiful salad I’m sharing with you today. It’s great as a sandwich, between pita bread, on crackers and on Triscuits, as shown in the photo. My favorite kind of canned tuna is Albacore in water. It seems to have a cleaner, fresher taste than normal canned tuna. So let’s get to it!
Prep time: 15 minutes
TUNA SALAD INGREDIENTS
- 12oz can of White Albacore Tuna
- 1 boiled egg (chopped)
- 1/2 cup of Mayo
- 1 rib of celery (chopped)
- 1/4 of a small red onion (chopped)
- 1/4 of a small red bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons of chives (chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put egg on to boil. Here is a fantastic blog post on “How to Boil an Egg“. Personally, I like to put the egg in the small pot of cold water and turn the fire on to bring the water up to a boil. Once the water is boiling, I turn the fire off and leave the egg in the hot water for 7 minutes. After the egg cools a bit, chop into small pieces.
- Chop all veggies. I like all of my veggies uniform in size because I don’t like anything to overpower the taste of the dish as a whole.
- Combine tuna, veggies, egg, mayo and salt and pepper, stir and enjoy!
It’s that simple and that delicious! It’s refreshing, light and can be super healthy if you use low fat mayo and egg whites only.
Enjoy your delicious creation!